Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sundry Sunday

Does anyone else remember taking Sunday afternoon drives with their family? Some of my earliest memories involve aimless drives with my parents and sisters. No destination...no schedule...just riding together and taking in the view.

Today that is exactly what Isabella and I did. Armed with junk food and good music, we meandered our way down the winding road to one of my favorite historic towns. We talked and sang. Isabella makes a great conversationalist...together we discussed life, heartache and broken crayons.

We stopped to eat our lunch at a scenic pull-off overlooking Douglas lake. It was too cold to do much more than get out and stretch our legs...but I managed to shoot a couple of frosty little moments :)






I can't help but touch this face. Who could?!


This nose...


And these cheeks! She's learned to tolerate the squeezing really well...


Inspecting all of the engravings from lovers in the past...I really hope there's nothing nasty carved on there...whoops I forgot to look.


I couldn't help but wonder where GW and MK are today...I made up a daydream that they're old and gray and live in one of the old Victorian houses in the town.


I don't have a sweetheart to engrave on this old table...but when I saw her little hand rest on this heart...I realized that I in fact do have a sweetheart :)

5 comments:

  1. AW! I Love it... What a cute little mommy and me day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you blogged! I hope the muse stays with you. And that is the most adorable face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww.....I ALWAYS want to aqueeze those cheeks!!!!...Better let that be a mommy thing:) Lovely post Peach....much enjoying your charming pen....Blessings~~Shine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Peach! I remember going for Sunday drives too..sweet memories,,except for when one of us 6 kids started bugging each other in there..lol
    If I were you Id be swueezing those cute little chubby cheeks too!!!
    How sweet she is!!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete